Oracle SOA Suite 12c Quick Start Installation
"Ganesh Kamble" in "FMW" on 2014-07-24
Oracle has recently released a major release of Oracle SOA in 5 years – 12c (184.108.40.206.0). I have discussed all new features of this release in my previous blog post which you can find here.
In this blogpost, I am going to show how to install Oracle SOA 12c on Development Environment using the new Quick Start Installation. Note that we will not be creating a SOA domain in this post.
The free Oracle SOA Suite 12c Installation can be downloaded from the following link:
There are two scenarios of the installations:
- Product Installation
This allows you to quickly install a development environment on a single host computer. We need to download this installation. It includes the following components:
- Oracle BPEL Process Manager
- Oracle Human Workflow
- Oracle Business Rules
- Oracle Mediator
- Oracle Service Bus
- Technology Adapters
- Oracle Enterprise Scheduler
- SOA Spring Component
- Enterprise Manager Fusion Middleware Component
- Oracle JDeveloper with SOA IDE extensions
- Integrated WebLogic Server
- Java DB
- Additional Components
There are additional components that can be downloaded separately as per your requirements:
- B2B and Healthcare Installer
- B2B Document Editor
- Healthcare Libraries
- Oracle Event Processing
- The basic SOA installation will download fmw_220.127.116.11.0_soaqs_Disk1_1of1.zip file which will be around 3.2GB. Unzip it and it will extract two jar files – fmw_18.104.22.168.0_soa_quickstart.jar and fmw_22.214.171.124.0_soa_quickstart2.jar out of which the former is executable.
- Launch the executable jar file using the command – java –jar –d64 fmw_126.96.36.199.0_soa_quickstart.jar.
- It will launch the Oracle Fusion Middleware 12c Installation Inventory Setup. Specify the Inventory Directory and Operating System Group which has the write permissions to the inventory directory. Click Ok.
- The Quick Start Installer will be launched
- Next you will see the Welcome screen. Click Next to continue.
- If you have not set/exported ORACLE_HOME environment variable, you will be prompted to specify the Oracle Home directory. Specify a valid directory and click Next.
- Verify the Installation Summary and if you find everything correct, click Install.
- The next screen will be the Installation Progress. The installer copies and generates libraries and performs the setup. On finishing, click Next.
- Review the installed products. This final screen allows you to optionally start the JDeveloper as soon as you click the Finish button.
- Once the JDeveloper is launched, click on New Application. You can verify that it allows you to create SOA Application which means the IDE is integrated with the SOA extension.
Note that the version of Oracle Jdeveloper is also 12c (188.8.131.52.0). It comes with the Integrated WebLogic Server with support for SOA application deployment. We will dive into the domain configurations in next blog.
To summarise, we have used the newly released Oracle SOA Suite 12c Quick Start Installer to install the SOA Suite and IDE – Jdeveloper on development environment. This is a very quick and easy way of installation introduced by Oracle. If you get stuck or face any error (even if you have solved it), just post it in the comments and share it with others.